Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Spain's Skiing Places

Wordle: My Wordle






I recently read an article about the ski resorts of Spain, and I learned some facts that I find interesting.



For example, Spain's places where you can ski aren't the main things that contribute to the country's reputation for being popular for tourists, but they are also great. The high average elevation of Spain makes it the second most mountainous country in Europe; Switzerland is the most mountainous one. Therefore, Spain has many ski resorts that appeal to various kinds of tourists.



One of those resorts attracted my attention. It is called Sierra Nevada, and it is Europe's southernmost spot where skiing is possible. Some of its peaks have altitudes of more than 3,000 meters. However, during some parts of the year, Sierra Nevada offers the amazing opportunity to ski and then go swimming in the Mediterranean on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment